- n someone who works underwater
- n someone who dives (into water)
- n large somewhat primitive fish-eating diving bird of the northern hemisphere having webbed feet placed far back; related to the grebes
- s many and different
tourist offices of divers nationalities
a person of diverse talents
- But when shipwreck divers say safe, they mean what other people mean when they say insanely dangerous.
- When pressure in the divers' compartment has been built up to equal the water pressure outside, a hatch drops open, enabling the divers to depart.
- The divers were able to free one, a Bank of Rome safe, with acetylene torches and hoist it on board.
News & Articles
- Divers search pond for murder weapon as suspect taken to court under heavy security
Divers and investigators are out at a Caldwell County pond searching for a murder weapon as a suspect was taken to court under heavy security for a murder last week.
June 24, 2013 - WBTV Charlotte
- Lake Powell divers find body of one of two missing women
Lake Powell divers find body of one of two missing women by Michael Mcfall The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 23, 2013 09:42PM MDT Divers on Sunday recovered the body of one of two women missing since a boat crash Thursday on Lake Powell. Shortly after 7 p.m., the Utah Highway Patrol dive team found the body of Valerie Bradshaw, 29, about 340 feet below the surface, according to a news release ...
June 24, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Divers successfully recover cannons from Queen Anne's Revenge
Divers trying to recover cannons from Blackbeard's flagship, the Queen Anne's Revenge wreck site off the coast of North Carolina were successful in their efforts Thursday. See video from the recovery inside. (Source: CFCC)
June 21, 2013 - NBC 12 Richmond
- Jose Mourinho in ESPN
Mourinho told feelfootball.com: "I am no longer Chelsea coach, and I do not have to defend them any more, but I think it is correct if I say Drogba is a diver." "Drogba, Ronaldo, Torres and Van Persie are the divers. Who dives more? Who has...
- Anna Bligh in Sydney Morning Herald
I do note there are some reports today that these divers may be selling their story but I should say that there's been an extraordinary rescue effort gone into keeping them safe,Ms Bligh said. "If they are going to profit from their story,...
- Alexandre Despatie in International Herald Tribune
A lot of people make too big deal about the Chinese divers,Despatie said. "I keep saying they are going to be amazing (at the 2008 Olympics) but it is our job to try and be at the same level. My job is to go to Beijing in the best shape...