- Obama's strenuous denials made no difference to these theorists: they simply reasoned that he must be practicing al-Taqqiya, or dissimulation; Shi'ite jurists say believers may .
- Former President John Quincy Adams praised his "calmness," "gentleness" and "discretion," though not his "profound dissimulation" and "fawning servility.
- Motives for dissimulation took on many shadings, but the essential intent was to minimize friction during passage through an often abrasive society.
News & Articles
- Movie Review: 'The Spectacular Now' -- 2.5 stars
There's a great performance at the heart of "The Spectacular Now," director James Ponsoldt's sensitive portrait of teenage anguish and dissimulation. It's delivered by Miles Teller, an up-and-coming actor best known for his work in "Rabbit Hole" and the "Footloose" remake.
Aug. 1, 2013 - amNewYork
- Lee Kuan Yew in Earthtimes (press release)
If they had respected his skills in dissimulation and viewed him with skepticism, they would have not allowed him to spring surprises on them,Lee noted.
- Karl Richard Lepsius in American Thinker
Lepsius concluded with this rhetorical question: "Is this a religious persecution or is it not?" "And at a time when jihadist violence from Darfur to Ground Zero has spilled so much innocent blood, dissimulation about the jihad of 1915...
- Francois Bernier in Business Standard
Aurangzeb, Bernier says, "was devoid of that urbanity and engaging presence, so much admired in Dara...... He was reserved, subtle, and a complete master of the art of dissimulation."