deception : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a misleading falsehood
- n the act of deceiving
- n an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers
- Do you feel deception is a particularly relevant topic to our society? We are living in a time and culture in which it's easier to lie than it has been in the past.
- Thinking I would give self-deception one more shot, I tried to convince myself that dbs isn't really brain surgery.
- Back in December 2003, Italy was rocked by the Parmalat scandal, in which the Italian dairy conglomerate imploded in a vacuum of debt and deception that became the largest .
News & Articles
- Hoping to hook lingcod at Deception Pass
Jordan Hinds, left, and Derek Zollinger, from Anacortes, fish recently under the Deception Pass Bridge off Whidbey Island. The two friends hadn't had success in the half-hour they'd been out, but seemed positive they would hook some lingcod soon.
June 16, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Vineland Police
• Christopher Robinette, 45, and Dora Reed, 46, both of Liberty Road in Bridgeton, were arrested Saturday night at Walmart on West Landis Avenue on charges of shoplifting and theft by deception.
June 16, 2013 - Daily Journal
- Author Gary J. Crawford Offers A Scintillating Thriller in New Fiction
‘Immaculate Deception’ is a thrilling swashbuckling adventure packed with murder, mystery and obsessive love affair. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/GaryJCrawford/ImmaculateDeception/prweb10830275.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Scott McClellan in Chicago Tribune
He signed off on a strategy for selling the war that was less than candid and honest,McClellan writes in "What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception."
- Elena Kagan in BBC News
In its appeals, the federal government said the tobacco industry's "deception has cost the lives and damaged the health of untold millions of Americans".
- Kent Conrad in International Herald Tribune
The president's budget is filled with debt and deception, disconnected from reality and continues to move America in the wrong direction,said Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad, a Democrat.