disputed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v take exception to
- v have a disagreement over something
- s subject to disagreement and debate
- Before Kerouac, before Burroughs, Miller disputed all the imperatives of capitalism.
- That's disputed by Major General Hassan Kareem Abbas, the Shi'ite commander of the Nineveh Operations Command.
- Kurds have also grown impatient with Baghdad's stance on disputed territories.
News & Articles
- Preview: Iran election offers choice, but little change
By Marcus George DUBAI (Reuters) - Friday's presidential election in Iran is unlikely to bring significant change to the Islamic republic, whose supreme leader has ensured hardline candidates dominate the field. But the sole moderate could yet upset the race. World powers embroiled in talks with Iran over its disputed nuclear program are looking for signs of a recalibration of its negotiating ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Conn. lawmakers join fight over who was 1st to fly
Connecticut's leading role in aviation has never been disputed, but legislators have passed a bill insisting that a Connecticut aviator flew two years before the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk, N.C. The ...
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Mali government, Tuaregs reach ceasefire deal 'in principle'
By Mathieu Bonkoungou OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - A Malian government delegation and Tuareg separatist rebels have reached an agreement "in principle" that would allow planned elections in July to go ahead in the disputed northern Kidal region, a senior mediator in the talks said late on Monday. Negotiations in Ouagadougou, the capital of neighboring Burkina Faso, opened on Saturday, after Mali's ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Rafael Nadal in ABC News
At the beginning he was a bit nervous. He would make mistakes,Nadal said. "Third set was a bit more disputed."
- Bud Selig in MLB.com
Yogi once said that it ain't over till it's over so I want to be very careful,Selig said. "When we do it I want to make sure it's very good, that it's perfect. Somebody said today that there'd only been 16 [disputed home run calls] this...
- Johnny Sutton in FOXNews
US Attorney Johnny Sutton, in a written statement following the hearing, said he expects the appeals court to "resolve the disputed legal issues in accordance with the rule of law."