dispossessed : Definition, Usages, News and More
dis puh zest
- v deprive of the possession of real estate
- s physically or spiritually homeless or deprived of security
- To the long list of dispossessed diplomats in Washington last week was added Denmark's Minister Henrik de Kauffmann.
- Often, the source of their peril lies in the countryside, in the rising conflict between dispossessed social groups and the well-entrenched elite.
- The Jews were dispossessed by the Babylonians, who were dispossessed by the Persians (typical Iranian aggression, but not Muslim at this time), who were dispossessed by the Greeks .