displeasing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give displeasure to
- a causing displeasure or lacking pleasing qualities
- Maybe, but once he takes office the born pleaser will have to master a different art: that of displeasing people.
- Anything all-whitelaw-school classes, corporate suites or presidential Cabinetsis not merely aesthetically displeasing, as Clarence Thomas asserted in his dissenting opinion .
- In addition to celebrating the death of Franz Schubert the Saengerfest served to emphasize Teutonic solidarity and was hence displeasing to those who do not favor the idea of too .
News & Articles
- The Art of Booing David Stern and a Pick at the NBA Draft
Draft night is a special time for possible NBA entrants, but it's also a special night for the people attending the event. They get to boo David Stern and their favorite team, should they end up displeasing the fans. Simply tossing a "B" followed by a bunch of "O"s out at him every time Stern steps to the podium is a bit excessive. There are times when booing should be raucous and demoralizing ...
June 17, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Ibn al-Qayyim in Gulf Times
Al-Miqdam ibn Ma'd Yakrib said: "I heard the Messenger of Allah say: The son of Adam fills no vessel more displeasing to Allah than his stomach. A few morsels should be enough for him to preserve his strength. If he must fill it, then he should...
- John Bolton in CBS News
This is not a resolution that provides the comprehensive solution,US Ambassador John Bolton said. "I'm sure there are aspects of it that are displeasing to almost everyone but the point is this is a way to get started and that's what we...
- Phillip Fulmer in GoVolsXtra
I need to see the tape,Fulmer said of his QBs. "I don't know that it was a fantastic day. Nick Stephens led a couple of long drives. We just need to see the tape. Nothing necessarily displeasing but nothing outstanding either."