dispensed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v administer or bestow, as in small portions
- v grant a dispensation; grant an exemption
I was dispensed from this terrible task
- v give or apply (medications)
- s distributed or weighted out in carefully determined portions
medicines dispensed to the sick
- Akula, 37, has already made SKS one of the fastest-growing microlenders, having dispensed $52 million to 221,000 clients since 1998.
- To the millions of Americans who followed him, Garner Ted dispensed glib solutions to such problems as drugs, crime, broken marriages and delinquent childrenall implicitly in .
- As swoony romantic heroes go, vampires are made to order: brooding, dangerous, mysterious, snappily dressed (although, alas, the cape has largely been dispensed with) with eye .
News & Articles
- Death with Dignity report lists 104 deaths
OLYMPIA — In 2012, 104 people in Washington who were dispensed intentionally lethal doses of medication are known to have died, according to the state’s fourth annual Death with Dignity Act report. Of those 104 people, state officials know of 83 who died because of the medication. Eighteen people are known to have died without taking the medication, presumably from a health condition.
June 22, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Local hospitals display artworks
Artwork in hospitals, though not dispensed in pharmaceutical doses, can have a positive effect on mind and body.
June 22, 2013 - The Salinas Californian
- Owner of pain clinics in Georgetown, Dry Ridge is convicted on 21 charges
The owner of clinics in Georgetown and Dry Ridge that illegally dispensed tens of thousands of pills has been convicted on 21 criminal charges, according to U.S. Attorney Kerry B. Harvey.
June 21, 2013 - Lexington Herald-Leader
- Dawn Primarolo in WalesOnline
Public health minister Dawn Primarolo said: "In England, 89% of prescription items are dispensed for free, the remainder provide valuable income to the NHS, of Â£437 million in 2009/10, which goes towards to the safety and speed of healthcare. But...
- Warren Buffett in Times Online
Economic medicine that was previously meted out by the cupful has recently been dispensed by the barrel,Mr Buffett said. "These once unthinkable dosages will almost certainly bring on unwelcome after-effects. Their precise nature is...
- Angela Merkel in Reuters
Europe cannot just look on if someone offers subsidies and market forces are dispensed with,said Merkel in an interview on ARD public television hours before Barack Obama is due to be inaugurated as US president.