- n the official who signals the beginning of a race or competition
- n employee of a transportation company who controls the departures of vehicles according to weather conditions and in the interest of efficient service
- The police transcripts show that the officers involved apparently joked and laughed about the incident with the dispatcher.
- He brought it up on the phone with the 911 dispatcher.
- Breathless but calm, Vance used his cell phone to call the 911 dispatcher, "The right arm and right leg are gone.
News & Articles
- 911 Dispatcher Robbed; Her Training Helps Police Catch Suspect
BRIDGETON, MO (KTVI)– A 911 dispatcher was robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of a Bridgeton Schnucks Wednesday. She...
June 21, 2013 - KPLR 11 St. Louis
- Police dispatcher is calm on the job
GREENVILLE — When Jacquator Ayers started out as a dispatcher with the Greenville Police Department, she was nervous, knowing her voice was the first thing callers would hear when they dialed 911.
June 21, 2013 - Delta Democrat Times
- Dispatcher Spends 8 Hours on Phone to Locate Patient
A New York City Fire Department dispatcher stayed on the phone with a patient in need of help for eight hours as authorities rushed to locate her. A 911 call came into the system at 12:53 p.m. on June 10 and it appeared to be...
June 17, 2013 - ABC News
- Beck in Toronto Sun
The operator made his judgment that it was not a call that police attendance was required, and that was based on the information provided by the caller,said Beck. "Efforts were made by the dispatcher to connect to a tow-truck company. That...
- Richard Blumenthal in Meriden Record-Journal
One was very, very short duration that just is recorded at the tower but never got through to a dispatcher. There was another one that actually got to the dispatcher but there was no voice contact, the call was just a matter of a few seconds where... Yogi Huyghebaert http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogi_Huyghebaert&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH1anyThXCIuuX9gAhAkB-D5COC2Q Winnipeg Free Press http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/sask-safety-minister-says-stranded-911-call-for-help-lasted-7-minutes-91653934.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF7tb_YyRzYeM7CZWc7NKFqnab_2Q Apr 20, 2010
28707 37508 dispatcher AT&T taunts the DPUC even during our regulatory review," Blumenthal said. "Dismantling its last remaining residential customer service dispatcher jobs, even while under DPUC review for its failing repair and maintenance, dramatizes the depth...