- n someone who is the first to think of or make something
- n someone who is the first to observe something
- Wrote the author in Latin: "I see no reason why we should not call it America, that is to say, land of Americus, for Americus its discoverer, man of sagacious wit .
- That double image, like joke figures on a wedding cake, was the one struck by the great Italian actress Sophia Loren and her discoverer, mentor, curator and prime exhibiter .
- The quote that nailed the story, however, and put it on the front page, was the one attributed to James Watson, co-discoverer of DNA's double helix and one of the most famous .