discontentment : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a longing for something better than the present situation
- Where there is no felt attachment to physical surroundings, the surroundings will be allowed to go their own way, and the individual realizes a constant ache of discontentment with .
- The online service Daly uses, called Netflix, just passed the 500,000-subscriber mark, riding a boom in DVDs and discontentment with the old rental model.
- Of course, Lee isn't the first to point out that the suburbs hide uncharted depths of misery and discontentment--Updike, Rick Moody and John Cheever, among many others, have been .
News & Articles
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Potential Homecoming Would Give Wayne Rooney Reason to Stay
Wayne Rooney’s recent time at Old Trafford has been marred with discontentment. If Cristiano Ronaldo decides to return to his former club this summer, Rooney would once again have a reason to be hopeful for his future. It’s no secret the 27-year-old was unhappy with his role and playing time last term with Manchester United . Reports of his desire to skip town for a more favorable situation ...
June 27, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Marvin Olasky in Christian Post
There's a lot of discontentment,said Marvin Olasky, editor of the Christian newsweekly World and a framer of the "compassionate conservative" language used by Bush. "But unfortunately for most conservative evangelicals, there's no...
- Tony Blair in guardian.co.uk
This bitter episode in the nation's history was the result of discontentment between `the haves' and `have-nots' as well as the strained relations between different ethnic groups caused by inequitable distribution of the country's economic... Abdullah Ahmad Badawi http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_Ahmad_Badawi&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEYOvKQyjvbgdN2itA5NPFMmMba0A The Standard http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp%3Fpp_cat%3D20%26art_id%3D22150%26sid%3D8700417%26con_type%3D3&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGYwKzJLrXELC_Ol5XsdUqI6EG0qw Jul 4, 2006
28199 37176 discontinuance Speaking of Ms Gun at his monthly press conference, Mr Blair said: I played no part in the discontinuance of the prosecution ...... my understanding is that it is to do with their belief that they could not secure a conviction based on legal and...