discontent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a longing for something better than the present situation
- v make dissatisfied
- a showing or experiencing dissatisfaction or restless longing
saw many discontent faces in the room
was discontented with his position
- Bhutto had raised taxes, which raised the level of discontent in the country.
- At the same time, rising discontent and political and economic pressures within West Pakistan have also placed restraints on Strongman Yahya Khan and his military regime.
- Sheik Mo has made Dubai an internationally recognized synonym for success in a Middle East that has been plagued by war, civil discontent and religious extremism.
News & Articles
- DormCon overspends on already controversial overnight retreat
At a May 16 meeting of MIT’s Dormitory Council (DormCon), members were informed that the their annual retreat cost more than anticipated, by an amount not mentioned in the DormCon meeting minutes. The original budgeted cost for the retreat was $4000 — a figure that had already caused discontent among some undergraduates who felt the money would be better spent on events that directly benefit ...
June 14, 2013 - The Tech
- Norway's opposition stretches poll lead as elections loom
OSLO (Reuters) - Norway's centre-right opposition widened an already big lead over the ruling Labor Party in opinion polls, putting it firmly on course to win elections in less than three months, a fresh poll showed on Thursday. Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, in office since 2005, has presided over a rare economic success story thanks to Norway's immense oil wealth, but voter discontent has ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Galliani: Juventus has no reason to be upset if Milan approaches Tevez
The Milan director is not impressed with the Serie A champions' supposed discontent and has stressed the club will open talks with the striker whenever they want to
June 12, 2013 - Goal.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Dennis Kucinich in Washington Post
Democrats were swept into power on November 7 because of widespread voter discontent with the war in Iraq,Kucinich said. "Instead of heeding those concerns and responding with a strong and immediate change in policies and direction, the...
- President Bush in NEWS.com.au
We reject violence as a way to express discontent with what may be printed in a free press,Mr Bush said.
- Thomas Fingar in International Herald Tribune
We had an awful lot of shared discontent in the way the community worked,Fingar said. "It proved more difficult to do it than it was to imagine it."