discomfiture : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Dick Cheney's displeasure and Nancy Pelosi's discomfiture may have revived the idea of setting up a "truth commission" to look into the Bush-era counterterrorism policies, but .
- Some of the world's ancient faiths are having a rebirthoften to the discomfiture of an expanding Christianity.
- Togliatti's discomfiture was increased by Socialist Pietro Nenni's air of having known about Stalin all along, and his deploring of Togliatti's anti-Stalin campaign.
News & Articles
- Television’s slurs
Although I’ve never seen an episode of “Real Housewives of New Jersey,” as an Italian-American, I can relate to Linda Stasi’s discomfiture over the program’s reported stereotypes and applaud her impassioned call for action against this less-than-positive display of our culture (“‘Real’ Gross,” July 31). As a...
Aug. 4, 2013 - New York Post
- Ibrahim Babangida in THISDAY
Babangida said: "It is pathetic and utterly painful. Every death brings with it tears and pain and sorrow, of grief and discomfiture. He battled with death like a valiant. He was great in death and graceful in life. He represented our daily struggle...
- Tony Abbott in Sydney Morning Herald
Yesterday, Mr Abbott told his party room to resist the temptation to "gloat at the discomfiture of our enemies" and congratulated them on their unity.
- Geoff Dixon in Jakarta Post
I have mostly forgone the opportunity to celebrate the EDSA revolution publicly. I've long nursed a certain discomfiture at being paraded as an EDSA hero while those who bring me that day to fight the hard battle with us seems to have been... Juan Ponce Enrile http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Ponce_Enrile&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHMcVw-FklgtpKubKjMxk11RpUT_A ABS CBN News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/02/22/09/arroyo-enrile-lead-start-1986-edsa-i-commemoration&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGZ0HKkgkIJ8nK9BlNrL_upGdZT4Q Feb 22, 2009
28169 37149 discomfort I think their claim is out of order and we're not going toentertain it," Dixon said. "We've got the long-term future of thecompany in mind more than anything else and if it means that some ofour passengers have some discomfort for a while...