- n (law) a voluntary repudiation of a person's legal claim to something
- n denial of any connection with or knowledge of
- All debt issued by mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac comes with a prominent disclaimer: "Not guaranteed by the United States.
- First, a disclaimer: No adorable cartoon critters were harmed in the writing of this column.
- If the fine print on packages once read "batteries not included," get ready to see a new disclaimer on toys of the future: "social network included.