disclosure : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the speech act of making something evident
- It would also leave in place the ability of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to compel document disclosure, but would limit that power to the records of people connected .
- Full disclosure on Senator Clinton's part is especially important because she recently loaned $5 million to her campaign, shortly after revelations surfaced that her husband was to .
- An extension of the disclosure concern, Diamond reports, was explored by Jews through the unexpected vehicle of marriage law.
News & Articles
- Toxics disclosure bill passes first hurdle
The Oregon House of Representatives voted 39 to 21 on Tuesday to pass House Bill 3162, the toxics disclosure bill that is a major priority of Oregon Environmental Council and allied groups. The bill requires large manufacturers to report if any of 19 chemicals are used in children’s products, and to phase out chemicals from some of the products over the next five years. The bill is modeled after ...
June 19, 2013 - Portland Tribune
- NSA chief: U.S. spy program disclosure caused 'irreversible' damage
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The public disclosure of U.S. intelligence surveillance programs caused "irreversible" damage to national security and helped America's enemies, the head of the National Security Agency said on Tuesday. "I think it was irreversible and significant damage to this nation," General Keith Alexander, the NSA's director, said at a House of Representatives Intelligence Committee ...
June 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Disclosure Address Miming Controversy
Disclosure took to Facebook this week to explain why they mimed a recent show at London's Wembley Arena as part of the Capital FM Summertime Ball
June 15, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Barack Obama in Detroit Free Press
In that order, Obama said pointedly, "the government should not keep information confidential merely because public officials might be embarrassed by disclosure, because errors and failures might be revealed, or because of speculative or abstract...
- John Roberts in Los Angeles Times
This is not about Sarah Palin ...... She has every right to speak at a university event, and schools should strive to bring to campus a broad range of speakers. The issues are public disclosure and financial accountability in organizations embedded... Jerry Brown http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Brown&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEWYK9XUvGd7eZ2B1dzr6rN8otKfQ CNN Political Ticker (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/25/palin-event-to-set-record/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHwQdUgs028rn97AlmzzZZOihvYcg Jun 25, 2010
28148 37126 disclosure Public disclosure thus helps ensure that the only signatures counted are those that should be, and that the only referenda placed on the ballot are those that garner enough valid signatures," Roberts wrote. "Public disclosure also promotes...