disabled : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n people collectively who are crippled or otherwise physically handicapped
technology to help the elderly and the disabled
- v make unable to perform a certain action
- v injure permanently
He was disabled in a car accident
- s incapable of functioning as a consequence of injury or illness
- A BBC reality show pits disabled women against each other.
- The disabled have lots of buying power and rely heavily on computers and the Internet.
- Conditions for disabled citizens in Serbian orphanages and hospitals are deplorable, a new study finds.
News & Articles
- Disabled veteran's old checks used in scam
Seattle police said thieves used forged checks to steal thousands of dollars from the Rainer Beach Safeway-- and they did it using the old checks of a disabled veteran. "I was really angry, very angry," said LeRoy Gibson, who served in the Korean War. "It took a few friends in my building to calm me down." Police called and told him a closed account of his was linked to a $21,000 scam. Gibson is ...
June 14, 2013 - KIRO 7 Seattle-Tacoma
- School for disabled accused of running sweatshop
Justice Department finds disabled students at R.I. school were paid little or nothing while working long hours in "sheltered workshop"
June 13, 2013 - CBS News
- Disabled Workers Cheated Out of Proper Pay
by ABC6 Chief Political Reporter Mark Curtis firstname.lastname@example.org Developmentally disabled people who work and train at the Birch School in Providence, and at TTP (Training Through Placement) in North Providence,
June 13, 2013 - ABC 6 Providence
- Andy Pettitte in Reuters Canada
Though it was not against baseball rules, I was not comfortable with what I was doing, so I stopped,Pettitte said. "This is it -- two days out of my life, two days out of my entire career, when I was injured and on the disabled list."
- Hu Jintao in International Herald Tribune
Caring for the disabled is an important symbol for social civilization and progress,Hu said before raising his glass.
- Oscar Pistorius in 940 News
This case is important not just to me, but to all disabled persons who just ask for the chance to compete fairly on the sporting field with able-bodied athletes,Pistorius said earlier this month.