dirham : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n 100 dirhams equal 1 riyal in Qatar
- n the basic unit of money in the United Arab Emirates; equal to 1,000 fils
- n the basic unit of money in Morocco; equal to 100 centimes
- n 100 dirhams equal 1 dinar in Tunisia
- n 100 dirhams equal 1 dinar in Libya
- n worth one tenth of a Kuwaiti dinar; equal 100 fils
- It was they who imposed Arabic as the unifying language, they who reformed various monetary systems to make the dinar and the dirham a binding common currency.
- As a result, the country is relying on oil imports for 85% of its energy needs, and paying for them with a dollar that has gained more than 40% in value against the dirham since .
News & Articles
- Medina water rates to increase
Medina City Council is expected to approve a water rate hike at tonight’s meeting. The increases, which cover both residential and commercial customers, would be 3 percent each year for the next five years. Medina City Finance Director Keith Dirham said the increases were recommended by the city’s utility rate review commission and are necessary to ... Read More
June 10, 2013 - The Medina County Gazette