dingbat : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a silly empty-headed person
you would be a dingbat even to try it
yet here he was with an upper class dingbat who just happened to be married to his sister
- What makes him seem like a shallow dingbat to most thinking people makes him the toast of Broderville, where David Gregory is president of the Junior League.
- He bullied his "dingbat" wife Edith and bemoaned his "weepin' Nellie atheist" daughter Gloria.
- That pea-brained, America hating, dimwitted, leftist, feminist dingbat should keep her hysterical, delusional, fantastical crying fits to the inside of her San Francisco home and .
- Denis Pagan in Brisbane Times
We're always worried when one of your key forwards or key players gets reported,Pagan said. "I did call Brendan aside and said 'don't be a dingbat, we can't afford to have you suspended'."
- Victoria Wood in This Is Sussex
Wood explained: "I tend to go for people I can have a laugh with, assuming they can act, because although some dingbat said comedy is a serious business, I don't really see why we should have less of a laugh than, say, dustmen."