dinghy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small boat of shallow draft with cross thwarts for seats and rowlocks for oars with which it is propelled
- She untied the rubber dinghy from the stern and then, according to Noguchi, fell from the Splendour into the 63 F water, bruising her left cheek as she tumbled overboard.
- Five minutes later, the radar picks up another dinghy nearby with five more young men, and the drill is repeated.
- A rising tide lifts all boats, but if you're in a yacht and I'm in a dinghy, we still got a problem here.
News & Articles
- Waterfront thefts surface along the Barrington River
Barrington police are investigating a series of recent larcenies along the Barrington River. The first incident was reported on Tuesday, June 4, when a Massasoit Avenue resident told police someone stole a 9-foot dinghy off his dock. The man told police that he had locked the boat to the dock through eye-bolt, but that someone [...]
June 11, 2013 - Barrington Times
- Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis: Kisses In Saint Tropez
Ashton Kutcher steals a kiss from his girlfriend Mila Kunis while they hold hands on the beach after getting off a dinghy in Saint Tropez, France. The couple is currently on vacation with their pals Princess Beatrice and her boyfriend Dave Clark, both of whom were also on the boat.
June 9, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Ben Ainslie in International Herald Tribune
A long, long time ago when Iain and I were teenagers, we were sailing in a regatta in a high-performance dinghy,Ainslie said. "We broke our mast and had to be towed in by a lifeboat to the ironic applause of a large crowd that had gathered...
- Ernesto Bertarelli in Forbes
I remember feeling surprised that my father, who wouldn't let me drive a moped, would allow me to take a dinghy out alone at sea,says Bertarelli, who is now worth $10.3 billion thanks to the success and eventual sale of Serono.
- Rich Rodriguez in BlueGoldNews.com
The existing regulations are designed with commercial banking in mind, but microfinance requires a dedicated regulator and a relevant set of rules. Commercial banking is like a super tanker whereas microfinance is like a dinghy boat with which you... Muhammad Yunus http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Yunus&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHPYEaXw6lZm55pDj3BSYuyRcgBOA Knowledge@Wharton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/india/article.cfm%3Farticleid%3D4246&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE__8Pv16ve2WQFe-F67DS7qG8LDA Dec 13, 2007
27793 36716 dingle We got pressure with three down linemen (against UC)," Rodriguez said. "That's big. We didn't all the time, but two of our sacks, at least, came with three down linemen. (Johnny) Dingle got a sack, and (Keilein) Dykes made a huge play with a...