diminish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v decrease in size, extent, or range
- v lessen the authority, dignity, or reputation of
- But of equal concern may be the prospect that a weakened Taliban may actually diminish Pakistan's influence in Afghanistan.
- One of the probable reasons is is that flu vaccines diminish the spread of the disease in general by cutting down on the spread of specific strains.
- No myth raking can rob Gandhi of his moral force or diminish the remarkable importance of this scrawny little man.
News & Articles
- Israel’s Fischer Sees Rout Easing Currency Wars Concern
The push for central banks to devalue their currencies and protect exporters is fading as rising Treasury yields diminish the allure of assets in emerging markets, Bank of Israel Governor Stanley Fischer said.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Putting a Fingerprint on Every Bullet
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Headline-grabbing tragedies like the shooting in Santa Monica last weekend, or last year's shootings in Newtown, Conn. and Aurora, Colo., are only the most visible evidence of the gun love that ends lives everywhere in the U.S. on a daily basis. While I don't mean to diminish the impact of Santa Monica, individual gun killings occur frequently and escape national ...
June 12, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Haverford graduates have good fortune
VILLANOVA — Increased traffic from the U.S. Open, compounded by heavy rainfall all afternoon, did little to diminish the joy and excitement of Haverford High School commencement exercises, held at Villanova Pavillion on Monday night.
June 11, 2013 - Delaware County Daily Times
- Ben Bernanke in International Herald Tribune
Citigroup and JP Morgan Chase contributed to the Dow's advance after Bernanke said that "inflation pressures are beginning to diminish" because of falling energy and commodity prices.
- Barack Obama in NewsNet5.com
Tom made a mistake, which he openly acknowledged,Obama said in his statement Tuesday. "He has not excused it, nor do I. But that mistake, and this decision, cannot diminish the many contributions Tom has made to this country, from his...
- Bruce Springsteen in Belfast Telegraph
Implicitly attacking Mrs Clinton, Springsteen writes that "at the moment, critics have tried to diminish Senator Obama through the exaggeration of certain of his comments and relationships ...... While these matters are worthy of some...