- s quietly and steadily persevering especially in detail or exactness
a diligent (or patient) worker
- a characterized by care and perseverance in carrying out tasks
a diligent detective investigates all clues
a diligent search of the files
- Having made his fortune as innovatively as he did, Allen has always been diligent about spending it just as imaginatively.
- A third got on the list for his diligent bird-dogging of Enron, Homeland Security and the Pentagon.
- Rigorous in her approach, intensely focused and remarkably diligent, Mary quickly set new standards in the study of African prehistory, culminating in her stunning monographs on .
News & Articles
- Letter: Reporter should dig into animal facility inspections
Congratulations to Andy Marso on his diligent reporting about the Department of Agriculture's Division of Weights and Measures. Thank goodness we have a press that "checks and balances" the government.
June 22, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- NWSL Week 11 Preview
Sky Blue embarrassed Portland on May 16 after handing them a 1-0 defeat at JELD-WEN Field. Portland's star strikers Christine Sinclair and Alex Morgan struggled to penetrate the box thanks to Christie Rampone's diligent defending and struggled to contain Kelley O'Hara down the wing.
June 22, 2013 - Philly.com
- Quiet Time with God: It's Simple, Really
“The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.” (Proverbs 21:5 ESV) Having a quiet time is like many other activities you might do in life — in at least one respect. To be successful, it helps to have a plan.
June 20, 2013 - High Plains Observer