- n the process of decomposing organic matter (as in sewage) by bacteria or by chemical action or heat
- n the organic process by which food is converted into substances that can be absorbed into the body
- n learning and coming to understand ideas and information
his appetite for facts was better than his digestion
- A quarter-pound of meat stimulates almost twice as much gastric juices as does a quarter-pound of bread or other carbohydrates, and is correspondingly better for normal digestion.
- Keeping Ashley smaller and more portable, the doctors argue, has medical as well as emotional benefits: more movement means better circulation, digestion and muscle condition, and .
- As digestion breaks down much of what we eat into sugary, energy-rich fuel that helps keep us on the go, insulin triggers the body to store excess sugar floating around the .
News & Articles
- 'Gulp' offers inside look at digestion
'Gulp' offers inside look at digestion Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 1:32 pm, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 Mary Roach has noticed a weird double standard about the way we eat. The science writer and Oakland, Calif., resident is amused by the way so many of us are obsessed with the kind ...
June 12, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- The official #Panquake predictions
Matt Ufford : Most eating competitions are a sprint -- Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest is just 10 minutes -- because the human stomach is a finite space. Extending that time constraint from sprint to ultramarathon changes the game from one of eating for to one of digestion.
June 11, 2013 - Philly.com
- The facts of juicing
Claim: The body absorbs more nutrients from juice. Fact: The theory is that fiber, often filtered out of juice, is too taxing on the digestive system, and that fiber impairs digestion of fruit and vegetable nutrients. The opposite is true.
June 10, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Chris Huhne in ZDNet UK (blog)
It's ridiculous that the 1976 Local Government Act prevents councils from selling electricity from local wind turbines, or from anaerobic digestion,said Huhne. "I want to see this repealed and by the end of the year I hope local...
- Florent Malouda in SI.com
It didn't affect my digestion, the pancakes were very good, but there was real disappointment-- Florent Malouda describes the moment he found out he wouldn't be starting for France against Uruguay.
- Hilary Benn in letsrecycle.com
Launching the document, Secretary of State for the environment, Hilary Benn, said: "Anaerobic digestion has fantastic potential because it uses organic material that would otherwise be thrown away and converts it into renewable energy. I've already...