- n German engineer (born in France) who invented the diesel engine (1858-1913)
- n an internal-combustion engine that burns heavy oil
- General Motors, whose car-studded Motoramas have become one of the brightest offerings in auto showmanship, decided last February to bring belated glamour to the plain-Jane diesel .
- The diesel, widely used in trucks and some European cars, offers 25% better fuel economy than conventional engines.
- Jatropha seeds produce clean-burning diesel (without driving up your grocery bill).
News & Articles
- Used Ford 6.0 Diesel Engine Added for Sale in Super Duty Inventory at GotDieselEngines.com
Used Ford 6.0 diesel engine is now added for online sale in the Super Duty inventory at the GotDieselEngines.com website. These preowned 6.0 Powerstroke editions are now sold for reduced prices to owners of trucks, mechanics and third party engine installers. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/used-ford-60-diesel-motor/used-ford-diesel-engines ...
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- US Diesel Prices Down Across All Regions
U.S. diesel prices fell for a third straight week, edging down 0.5 percent in the week ending June 10, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Rates dipped in all U.S. regions week-to-week.
June 11, 2013 - Journal of Commerce Online
- Used Diesel Engines for Cars Now Supplied to Vehicle Owners Online by GotDieselEngines.com
Used diesel engines for cars are now supplied directly to owners of vehicles online through the GotDieselEngines.com company. These motors are offered for Audi, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, VW, Porsche, Saab and Subaru vehicles for low prices. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/used-diesel-engines-cars/car-diesel-engine/prweb10815494.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in International Herald Tribune
All I hear about is gas prices. Gas and diesel, everywhere,Clinton said in Kinston, NC "Some people say we don't need to get a gas tax holiday at all, it's a gimmick ...... I want the Congress to stand up and vote. Are they for the oil...
- Mwai Kibaki in Daily Nation
Kenya is especially keen on exploiting Brazilian advances in the area of bio-diesel technology. Brazil is a world leader in this field and Kenya stands to gain as we seek ways of becoming more efficient in our management of the energy sector,...
- John McCain in Orlando Sentinel
Talk to somebody who owns a couple of trucks and makes a living with those trucks,McCain said. "Ask them whether they'd like to have some relief -- 18 1/2 cents per gallon for gasoline and 24 1/2 cents for diesel. They say it matters."