- n a locomotive driven by the electric current generated by a diesel engine
- The diesel-electric Yuan class boasts a Chinese-developed air-independent propulsion system that allows it to remain submerged for weeks, while Chinese Luyang destroyers and .
- And not by means of futuristic and costly nuclear-powered desalination plants, but by efficient use of simple diesel-electric engines like those that now provide power to remote .
- Conventional diesel-electric submarines spend most of their time on the surface, are long and slender with sharp bows and flat decks.
News & Articles
- N.Y. MTA to swap out hybrid bus engines for diesel
NEW YORK CITY — The city's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) plans to pull back on its hybrid program, taking about a fourth of the city’s 1,677 diesel-electric hybrid buses and swapping out their hybrid engines for newer diesel ones, according to an International Business Times report.
July 2, 2013 - Metro Magazine
- U.S. Rep. Dan Kildee to tour MTA's Alternative Fuels Facility in Grand Blanc
U.S. Rep. Dan Kildee, D-Flint Township, will tour the MTA's Alternative Fuels Facility in Grand Blanc Monday morning and get a look at new fleet of hydrogen, diesel-electric and propane bus and mini-bus fleet.
July 1, 2013 - The Flint Journal
- Warwick acquires hybrid Dial-A-Bus
Photo by Roger Gavan Supervisor of Transportation Jennifer Crover at the wheel of the new hybrid diesel-electric bus. The hybrid diesel-electric bus can accommodate 28 passengers and two wheelchairs. It is also fitted with a bicycle rack in the front.
June 30, 2013 - The Warwick Advertiser