- n a speaker who dictates to a secretary or a recording machine
- n a ruler who is unconstrained by law
- n a person who behaves in a tyrannical manner
my boss is a dictator who makes everyone work overtime
- Twenty years ago, People Power in the Philippines toppled a dictator and inspired democratic change around the world.
- The Great Dictator (United Artists) is the story of a little, persecuted Jewish barber (Charlie Chaplin) living in a state ruled by a nasty dictator (also Charlie Chaplin) and how .
- For nearly 40 years, Antnio de Oliveira Salazar has been the unusual dictator of an unfortunate land.
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
In Cuba, the long rule of a cruel dictator is nearing its end,Bush said. "The Cuban people are ready for their freedom. And as that nation enters a period of transition, the United Nations must insist on free speech, free assembly and,...
- Steve Rothman in Times Online
Congressman Steve Rothman, who represents the area and once served as Englewood's mayor, said:"Gaddafi is a dangerous dictator whose hands are covered with the blood of Americans and our allies."
- Nouri al-Maliki in Guardian Unlimited
The execution of the tyrant was not a political decision, as the enemies of the Iraqi people say. The verdict was implemented after a fair and transparent trial, which the dictator never deserved,al-Maliki said.