diction : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the articulation of speech regarded from the point of view of its intelligibility to the audience
- n the manner in which something is expressed in words
- You can automatically look up words in the integrated dictionary as you surf.
- In the fusty world of lexicography, new dictionaries are usually introduced with the quiet circumspection generally found in library reading rooms.
- The dictionary writers point out that a word's origins and its popular perception can be divergent.
News & Articles
- Siri gets smarter in iOS 7, ditches Google for search
As part of Apple’s iOS 7 preview, Senior Vice President of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue showed off some great new Siri features coming to iOS. As part of the iOS 7 overhaul , Siri has a brand-new interface, voice monitoring, and a results panel that appears on the bottom of the screen. Siri's slightly robotic diction is no more, replaced by smoother female (or male) voices. French and ...
June 10, 2013 - Macworld