- n the face of a timepiece; graduated to show the hours
- n the control on a radio or television set that is used for tuning
- n the circular graduated indicator on various measuring instruments
- n a disc on a telephone that is rotated a fixed distance for each number called
- v operate a dial to select a telephone number
You must take the receiver off the hook before you dial
- v choose by means of a dial
dial a telephone number
- I was doing some cable TV duty last night and had the bad luck to follow a segment about a focus group of voters being dial tested during the debate.
- Fashion Calling March 17, 2003 Ready-to-wear phones a new accessory to dial for More Related Items Search all issues of PTI Magazine.
- They claim Clear Channel and other big groups have ruined the airwaves by homogenizing song lists, politicizing the dial with conservative talk and sucking out local flavor with .
News & Articles
- Newest "Infinite Dial" Data Looks At News/Talk/Sports P1s
Arbitron and Edison Research continue to release more results from their 2013 "Infinite Dial" study . After releasing additional data on AC, Urban, CHR, Religious, Country, Public Radioa and Classic Rock/Classic Hits P1s, the newest release examines News/Talk/Sports radio fans.
June 13, 2013 - FMQB
- Dial An Exchange South Africa Sees Growth Due to Implementation of New Programs
Dial An Exchange South Africa sees growth due to implementation of new programs. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10818792.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Dial is a 'Plugger,' and That's Just Fine With 49ers
Dial could fill role vacated by departed Ricky Jean Francois Photo Credit: Getty Images
June 10, 2013 - NBC Bay Area
- Mike Huckabee in New York Times
They're going to hear Republicans on this stage talk about how great the economy is, and frankly, when they hear that, they're going to probably reach for the dial,Mr. Huckabee said. "I want to make sure people understand that for many...
- Lewis Hamilton in Xinhua
I don't know why I do well here,Hamilton said. "I love it here. It's a great track, great city, great food and great weather today......I'm just able to dial in my car here and have a better feel here than some other places."
- Michael Bloomberg in Los Angeles Times
Whatever opportunities New York City gave to Percy, he repaid them a thousand times over,Bloomberg said. "Because of him, the doors of City University were opened to all students. Because of him, black radio became a fixture on the dial."