deuce : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a tie in tennis or table tennis that requires winning two successive points to win the game
- n the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
- n a word used in exclamations of confusion
the deuce with it
- n one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- Might be better to keep it simple, though, like Jason Bateman for example: "I pledge to flush only after a deuce.
- Then Joel missed vinaigrous, and so did Bobby, leaving the game at deuce.
- Helen ("Little Helen") Jacobs, pulled two deuce sets out of the fire of Betty Nuthall's drives and service.
News & Articles
- Five cozy mysteries for summer
Deuce Winters just wants to be a good dad, but then he finds a body between bratwursts in the freezer.
June 11, 2013 - Washington Post
- Larson Electronics’ Magnalight Lights Mighty Mac Bridge Blue
KEMP, Texas — Texas-based Larson Electronics’ Magnalight LEDLB-24E lamps provided the blue light for Michigan’s Mackinac Bridge when NASCAR driver Brad Keselowski drove his No.2 Miller Lite Ford, the ‘Blue Deuce’, across the Michigan landmark. The […]
June 11, 2013 - CBS Detroit
- From humble beginnings, the legend of Clint Dempsey's "Deuce Face" comes full circle
KINGSTON, Jamaica – As far as soccer memes go, the US national team may be hard-pressed to recall a better one in their history than the “Deuce Face,” the bizarrely scrunched facial contortions that Clint Dempsey produced in a brief scuffle with several Reggae Boyz during the Yanks' important 1-0 win over Jamaica in Columbus, Ohio, last September.
June 7, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Sean Payton in Saints Insider
We'll have to make some adjustments offensively, and some other guys are going to have to step up and play along with Deuce (McAllister), be it Aaron Stecker or Pierre Thomas,Payton said. "It's a lot like with some of these other guys...