- n someone who takes spoils or plunder (as in war)
- Senate oldsters led by Texas' Connally and Virginia's Glass forthwith passionately gave the lie back to Senator Nye, excoriated him as a monstrous despoiler of honored graves.
- The purported despoiler is Lopakhin, an upstart peasant turned real estate developer who plans to raze the family's mansion and orchard to create a cottage camp for vacationers.
- Pan Am Director Lindbergh has questioned the SST as a potential despoiler of the environment.
- Theodore Roosevelt in Newsweek
Theodore Roosevelt, said Brinkley, who is author of a volume on TR the environmentalist, "would have gone after BP as a 'despoiler of the gulf.'" He says that Obama should have appointed a high commissioner to coordinate disaster response right...