- n someone who takes spoils or plunder (as in war)
- When Virginia was born in 1587, Martin was already some 20 years old and had joined the Armada to fight Sir Francis Drake, plunderer of his birthplace.
- Once he's on the terra firma of London's recorded history the troves of which he is a voracious plunderer he is in full flood.
- From the lone wooded crag dominating the valley of Mercus in Southwest France, plunderer, paladin and prelate had watched the pageant of Europe pass by over 20 centuries.
News & Articles
- Pet shop of horrors; thief steals pups in shocking way
The owner of an Orlando, Florida puppy store has now officially seen it all. He says a man tried to make off with two puppies from his store in a creative way....by stuffing them down his pants. Store owner Charles Glatz told WFTV Orlando that a miniature dachshund and a pug were both taken from their crib by the alleged puppy plunderer. But for Glatz this is no joking matter, together the pups ...
Aug. 12, 2013 - Springfield News-Sun
- Thomas Paine in Yahoo! News
Paine said: "The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they neglect the means of self-defense. : (Weakness) allures the ruffian (but) arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...
- Hassan Nasrallah in FrontPage magazine.com
Calling the US "the Great Satan" last month during another rally, Nasrallah stated, "We consider the current administration an enemy of our [Islamic] nation : Because it is the greatest plunderer of our treasures, our oil, and our resources : This...
- Jinggoy Estrada in Channel News Asia
Jinggoy Estrada, Senator, says: "If people believed that my father is a plunderer or a thief, I wouldn't have won the senatorial elections. I don't think the people ever believed that my father committed a mistake. You can call him any sorts, any...