- v preserve by removing all water and liquids from
- v remove water from
- v lose water or moisture
- s lacking vitality or spirit; lifeless
a desiccate romance
a prissy and emotionless creature...settles into a mold of desiccated snobbery"-C.J.Rolo
- This year the monsoons have been scanty in the rice bowl of India; looks like the desiccated paddy will wilt and die.
- Jean's plant had become so desiccated that she was able to use it as kindling in her fireplace.
- Syllabus, addendum, flaccid, desiccate, accordion, surcingle, maraschino .