deputy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone authorized to exercise the powers of sheriff in emergencies
- n an assistant with power to act when his superior is absent
- n a member of the lower chamber of a legislative assembly (such as in France)
- n a person appointed to represent or act on behalf of others
- Romesh Ratnesar Deputy Managing Editor .
- In his one-page letter to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, the deputy AG wrote that he will be leaving in late summer because of the "financial realities" of trying to .
- Hamed Zalmy AFP Getty Images (KABUL) A Taliban suicide bomber detonated his explosives as Afghanistan's deputy chief of intelligence visited a mosque east of Kabul on .
News & Articles
- Deputy CIA Director Morell to retire to ‘spend more time with family’
Deputy CIA Director Michael Morell, in a surprise announcement on Wednesday, confirmed that after 33 years of service, including two stints as acting director, he will retire to "spend more time with family." To head off speculation regarding that familiar Washington excuse for exiting office, Morell added, "Whenever someone involved in the rough-and-tumble of Washington [...]
June 12, 2013 - The Ticket via Yahoo! News
- Deputy responds to domestic dispute, has shoes thrown at him
A deputy with the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department had shoes thrown at him while responding to a domestic dispute between siblings, the department said Wednesday.
June 12, 2013 - KSDK St. Louis
- Deputy rescues 7 ducklings from storm drain and then helps them cross road
Deputy Joe Ballard gives the thumbs up as the reunited duck family crosses Jackson Avenue safely.Courtesy of WCSO Listen, we’re all going through some tough times right now. Studies from the University of Michigan are calling everyone narcissists. The...
June 12, 2013 - MLive.com
- Alberto Gonzales in Guardian Unlimited
If a group of Taliban or a number of Taliban come to me and say, 'President, we want a department in this or in that ministry or we want a position as deputy minister ...... and we don't want to fight anymore...... If there will be a demand and a... Hamid Karzai http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamid_Karzai&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG024CTxaXf_5mmPsG08kgiqCevsw Guardian Unlimited http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6958448,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGWhDmFVw5XGmZ_nUVBYuYO_vMsCg Sep 29, 2007
26668 35455 deputy It was to be a group of officials, including the deputy attorney general, who were much more knowledgeable than I about the performance of each US attorney," Gonzales said.
- Patrick Leahy in FOXNews
And yet we find so many e-mails that contradict what the attorney general has said, contradict what the deputy attorney general has said, contradict what the White House has said,said Leahy, D-Vt.