- v express strong disapproval of
We deplore the government's treatment of political prisoners
- v regret strongly
I deplore this hostile action
- Its a perfect fantasy for people who usually deplore fantasy.
- The formula is simple: appropriate a place name where talks were held but agreements not reached, then invoke it to imply common agreement of whatever you are for, or to deplore .
- Rush Limbaugh invited listeners to call in and deplore this latest p.
News & Articles
- US says deplores Sudan's decision to shut oil pipeline
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. State Department said on Monday it deplored Sudan's decision to shut down a cross-border pipeline transporting oil from South Sudan and called on Khartoum to reconsider. "We deplore this action and urge Sudan to reverse this decision," State Department Jen Psaki told a briefing. She said, if carried out, such action would violate an international agreement that ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Sepp Blatter in The Canadian Press
Naturally, we deplore when you see the evidence of referees' mistakes,said Blatter, adding it would be "a nonsense" for FIFA not to look again at goal-line technology with its rule-making panel.
- Stephen Harper in Toronto Star
We obviously deplore the actions of a few thugs. But the reality is, unfortunately, that these summits attract this element and (that) has been a problem, as we know, around the world,Harper said as the G20 summit wrapped up Sunday afternoon.