- n the outcome of a complex sequence of events
- n the final resolution of the main complication of a literary or dramatic work
- Another year of professional baseball reached its denouement.
- Events have a dramatic structure, including climax and denouement.
- The denouement of CBS's journalistic failure has cast a new light on the search for Rather's successor, making it more likely, in the view of some, that the network will seek an .
News & Articles
- Soccer-Lanus defeat hands Newell's Old Boys Argentine title
BUENOS AIRES, June 19 (Reuters) - Newell's Old Boys won Argentina's "Final" championship without kicking a ball and with a match to spare in a bizarre denouement to the championship on Wednesday. Lanus, Newell's only challengers, had 45 minutes in which to overturn a two-goal deficit against Estudiantes in the remaining 45 minutes of a match abandoned 10 days ago when a fan was killed in clashes ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Last Week for The Kreutzer Sonata
Marty Giles gives a terrific performance of this script for one, Nancy Harris’ wrenching one-act adaption of the Tolstoy novella, at Pittsburgh Irish & Classical Theatre . The lone, upper-class character’s monologue is about his relationship with his wife, from their charming courtship through the affair she has with a childhood friend of her husband’s, and the tragic denouement. The play's ...
June 19, 2013 - Pittsburgh City Paper
- Boris Johnson in BBC News
Mayor of London Boris Johnson, who is also a Conservative, told BBC One's Andrew Marr Show, that while he was "not going to say the election is a done deal...... it is like a novel where the denouement has become obvious a little bit too early".
- Wole Soyinka in The Observer
Soyinka praised Deborah Asiimwe's top prize winning play, Will Smith Look Alike specifically noting, "Deborah Asiimwe's writing was very good, and I became really caught up with the play wondering what the final denouement would be. It was...
- Levon Ter-Petrosian in Armenialiberty.org
The pause will not be long-lasting because a denouement in the Karabakh conflict is a matter of just two or three months,Ter-Petrosian told thousands of supporters who again rallied in central Yerevan to hear him announce the new opposition...