- n an infectious disease of the tropics transmitted by mosquitoes and characterized by rash and aching head and joints
- But dengue isn't going away.
- Doctors sometimes confuse a dengue case with ordinary flu (the sensitive, pinkish rash is often the best indicator of dengue).
- Dengue fever and its more evil strain, hemorrhagic dengue, have mushroomed during the 1995 rainy season beyond any epidemic of the virus in recent years.
News & Articles
- Moscamed Launches Urban Scale Project Using Oxitec GM Mosquitoes in Battle Against Dengue
OXFORD, England, June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Moscamed made the first releases of Oxitec GM mosquitoes to mark the launch of a new programme to control the dengue mosquito Aedes aegypti in the town ...
June 20, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- NEWS SCAN: Angola dengue threat, polio worker deaths, Cambodia malaria drop
CDC Angola dengue warning covers threat to travelers The United States and other countries are seeing a rise in lab-confirmed dengue cases in people who have traveled to Luanda, Angola's capital, and health providers should be aware that the disease in Africa is endemic, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said today.
June 17, 2013 - Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy
- Farmer: Breaking with breakbone fever
What if a bacterial infection could prevent you from getting dengue fever? Malaria, too? Before you run off to eat a handful of spoiled sushi or roll around in a cow pasture, allow me to clarify.
June 14, 2013 - Athens Banner-Herald
- Fatima Zahra in New York Times
He showed the signs and symptoms of typical dengue,said Sister Fatimah Mohammed Shaarif, a nurse in the infectious diseases ward.
- Conrad Black in 570 News
Black, 62, added that the island "was in the throes of a dengue fever epidemic," and he and his wife "spent the rest of our time there applying insect repellent and sweltering indoors."
- Barack Obama in Indian Express
I think mosquitoes would be healthier than human being. Diarrhoea would be another concern point. An empirical model projected that population at risk of dengue fever would be increased by almost 50 per cent in India and China. In both countries,... Rajendra Pachauri http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajendra_K._Pachauri&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHR35ApFlKdXRDpVlpuX2H_Df8wyg Daily News & Analysis http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp%3FNewsID%3D1090174&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFV4IgpRAR4cY1a7Pwbbx54xV6wdg Apr 11, 2007
26399 35156 denial To this day there are those who insist that the Holocaust never happened, a denial of fact and truth that is baseless and ignorant and hateful," Obama said, echoing his words in Cairo in an address that reached for what he called a "new...