dementia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n mental deterioration of organic or functional origin
- How can something can be healthy one day and unhealthy the next? A new study on alcohol and dementia shows that the results are usually more complicated than we think.
- Adding to the mounting evidence against secondhand smoke, a new study links it to an increased risk of dementia in adults.
- Just a few minutes of moderate daily exercise may stave off the signs of dementia in the elderly, a new study suggests.
- Stephen Colbert in International Herald Tribune
This is just some good fun to watch during your eggnog-induced dementia,Colbert joked in an interview Wednesday.
- Malcolm Wicks in Peterborough Evening Telegraph
Speaking at the time, Mr Wicks said: "We've got an ageing population with many people frail and many suffering from dementia, including Alzheimer's. How can we get the balance right so that these people have the freedom to live their lives, to go...
- Nicola Sturgeon in BBC News
Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon said: "Plummeting prices and aggressive promotion have led to a surge in consumption, causing and adding to health problems ranging from liver and heart diseases to diabetes, obesity, dementia and cancers. We have...