- n a light brown raw cane sugar from Guyana
- n a river in northern Guyana that flows northward into the Atlantic
- n a former Dutch colony in South America; now a part of Guyana
- n dark rum from Guyana
- n light brown cane sugar; originally from Guyana
- Canales suggests using large-crystal demerara to add a crunchy topping to muffins or cookies; she also recommends dark brown muscovado as the perfect complement to simple baked .
- There are little gems, such as her dainty financier cake made with pineapple muscovado jam; brioche that sparkles with demerara sugar; and kouing-aman, a buttery, caramelized .