demeanor : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (behavioral attributes) the way a person behaves toward other people
- Her dour demeanor contrasted poorly with that of her fellow Belgian tennis rival Kim Clijsters, whose joie de vivre and conviviality lit up the women's circuit.
- By which he meant that Brando's example permitted actors to go beyond characterizations that were merely well made, beautifully spoken and seemly in demeanor; allowed them to play .
- While the demeanor (sunglasses, earpieces, constant vigilance) and the danger are what captivate the public, monitoring for fiscal malfeasance is still half the job.
News & Articles
- How Technology Is Destroying Jobs
Automation and advanced digital technologies are eliminating the need for people in a growing number of jobs. We’ve survived severe technological changes before, but this time it might be different: are we facing a future of dismal job opportunities, stagnant income, and worsening inequality? Given his calm and reasoned academic demeanor, it is easy to miss just how provocative Erik Brynjolfsson ...
June 12, 2013 - Technology Review
- Niece’s question brings out lighter side of Tiger
Your browser does not support iframes. The man has made an entire career on his steely reserve and unflinching demeanor, but during Tuesday's press conference, Tiger Woods reacted to a question more lightheartedly than we've seen in a long time. … Continue reading ?
June 11, 2013 - NBC on Yahoo! Sports via Yahoo! Sports
- Judge admonishes AEG Live CEO about testimony
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The chief executive of concert promoter AEG Live LLC was told by a judge on Monday to answer questions posed by a lawyer for Michael Jackson's mother without arguing and that his demeanor might be hurting his case.
June 10, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Yoko Ono in International Herald Tribune
I was very surprised,Ono said. "He was obviously from a classical background. And he had that sort of demeanor - of a person who was a very sophisticated gentleman, an English gentleman."
- Gil Kenan in FOXNews
There are so many stories out there, most of them horror stories, about getting (Murray) to work on films or of his on-set demeanor, but I have to say ...... he had a real gung-ho attitude,said Kenan.
- Mike Tomlin in ESPN
I like his demeanor throughout it all. He made some plays,Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "I thought he represented himself relatively well."