deity : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
- Devotees of a ferocious Buddhist deity are seeking to put a dent in the Dalai Lama's aura of sainthood.
- Rob Pardo, 35, vice president of game design for Blizzard Entertainment (although minor deity would also be an applicable title), led the team that designed World of Warcraft .
- Calvinism, cousin to the Reformation's other pillar, Lutheranism, is a bit less dour than its critics claim: it offers a rock-steady deity who orchestrates absolutely everything .
News & Articles
- Column: Rooting for Tiger Woods a mix of cheer and loathing
ARDMORE, Pa. - He is hard to embrace, even when victimized. He is hard to like and yet impossible to ignore, a flawed sports deity the way Mike Tyson and Eric Lindros once were and perhaps Kobe Bryant is now.
June 13, 2013 - Herald & Review
- Lindsay Duncan in Canada.com
Chatting in a cafe in the London borough of Hampstead, the Scottish-born Duncan said she's praying to "whatever deity I can summon" that she'll have another chance to work on "a show of this scale again."
- George Washington in The Columbian
There is a clear requirement for one to qualify as a Christian and Obama doesn't meet that requirement. One cannot deny central tenets of the Christian faith, including the deity and uniqueness of Christ as the sole mediator between God and man and... Cal Thomas http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Thomas&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOQmtv33jbGGFW80GH3ZE55otivg WorldNetDaily http://www.google.com/url?q=http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php%3Ffa%3DPAGE.view%26pageId%3D67003&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEIByIaBp2JOJdyW0L42tE9Epj4Tw Jun 13, 2008
26002 34784 deity George Washington said that every man ought to be protected in worshipping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience."