- n a person who abandons their duty (as on a military post)
- In an exclusive excerpt from his autobiography, accidental defector Charles Robert Jenkins tells how he met his Japanese wife in North Koreaand how they were both rescued from .
- The most courted combatant in the history of war may well be the Communist in South Viet Namor rather, the potential Communist defector.
- Nobody rejoices over a repentant sinner more than Red China's Premier Chou En-laiparticularly if the sinner is a highly placed defector from the West.
News & Articles
- Russia Offers to Play Host to Snowden the 'Defector'
When Rep. Peter King of New York yesterday referred to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden as "a defector," he seemed to be channeling the political lexicon of 1983, not 2013 — much less 1984. Or maybe he was being prescient. Reports this morning indicate that Russia would consider a request by Snowden to seek asylum in that country.
June 11, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Lights, cameras, action: Puig already a star in L.A.
Cuban defector Yasiel Puig, 22, has taken Los Angeles by storm after only one week in the major leagues.
June 11, 2013 - Seattle Times
- King: 'Defector' Snowden is a danger to national security
(CNN) – The ex-CIA employee who admitted Sunday to leaking top secret information about America's surveillance programs is a "defector" who could still pose risks to U.S. assets overseas, Rep. Peter King claimed Monday. King, a Republican member of the House Homeland Security Committee, added on CNN's "Starting Point" that Edward Snowden's claim he could […]
June 10, 2013 - CNN Political Ticker
- Kim Yong-Hyun in AsiaOne
There is still much stigma attached to being a defector here,said Kim.
- Judith Miller in CorpWatch.org
An Iraqi defector who described himself as a civil engineer,Miller wrote, "said he personally worked on renovations of secret facilities for biological, chemical and nuclear weapons in underground wells, private villas and under the Saddam...
- Miroslav Klose in The Canadian Press
There is more to it than some reporters calling me a defector, as if we are at war; even some of my fellow Mariinsky musicians would approach me, and whisper dramatically, 'How could you do this?', 'Oh, I can't believe it' or something equally... Anna Netrebko http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Netrebko&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGo2VE4O2uRYC3ojOhu8OTF1FAGkQ St.Petersburg Times.ru http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.times.spb.ru/index.php%3Faction_id%3D2%26story_id%3D17563&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEus4y3vUWGSek6ObR9SE03bvet9Q May 11, 2006
25756 34578 defence But it didn't work. They passed the ball very well, they made us work very hard in the defence. When we finally won the ball, we were too tired to move quickly forward. They have been playing together for several years, they are very cohesive,...