defaulter : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who fails to make a required appearance in court
- n someone who fails to meet a financial obligation
- n a contestant who forfeits a match
- Last week a defaulter answered.
- We were almost on the brink of being a defaulter, a failed state.
- The real irony, however, is that the chairman of the Ehtesab Bureau is himself a loan defaulter whose company in the last budget benefited from the reduction in the duty imposed on .
News & Articles
- CBI starts inquiry against big loan defaulters
NEW DELHI: CBI has initiated an inquiry into cases of defaulters of big loans from public sector banks, its chief Ranjit Sinha said today while emphasizing that bulk of non-performing assets were connected to 30 defaulter accounts.
Aug. 22, 2013 - INDOlink
- Manto Tshabalala-Msimang in BuaNews Online (press release)
Not only does our country have one of the highest TB infection rates but our treatment defaulter rate remains unacceptably high,said Dr Tshabalala-Msimang.
- Thabo Mbeki in AllAfrica.com
Delivering the SONA, President Mbeki said: "We also aim during the course of this year to reduce TB [tuberculosis] defaulter rates from 10 percent to seven percent, train over 3000 health personnel in the management of this disease and ensure that...
- Tim Flannery in CBC.ca
Flannery told The Canadian Press that Canada faces an international credibility crisis because it is "by far the biggest defaulter" on previous Kyoto Protocol obligations.