declarer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the bridge player in contract bridge who wins the bidding and can declare which suit is to be trumps
- n someone who claims to speak the truth
a declarer of his intentions
- Henceforth, when the wrong opponent leads against him, a declarer has a choice of calling or forbidding the lead of any suit he wishes.
- On the contrary, if the declarer prefers to assume that hearts will break rather than spades, the hand plays itself for seven against any defense and with only the barest amount .
- After March 31, "dummy" will be an obsolete term, to be replaced by "declarer's partner.
News & Articles
- Goren on Bridge
Goren on Bridge Follow the leader Opening lead: North should not count two points for the queen of hearts — the auction suggests strongly that it is worthless. West starts with king and ace of hearts, East echoing to show a doubleton, and continues with the jack. Since it would be futile to ruff in dummy, declarer discards a diamond loser from the table, as does East. Declarer had intended to ...
June 21, 2013 - Albany Times Union