- n the quality of conforming to standards of propriety and morality
- n the quality of being polite and respectable
- PUBLIC DECENCY Man may insist on being what Carlyle called the only "clothed animal," but defining "public decency" is among the law's most hopeless.
- The good thing about the broadcast-decency-regulation movement is that, as vast conspiracies go, it's not too well organized.
- In later interviews with GM designers who, for decency's sake, will remain unnamed it emerged that the Aztek design had been fiddled with, fussed over, cost-shaved and .
News & Articles
- Latest Target In War On Drugs: Google Autocomplete
netbuzz writes "The National Association of Attorneys General met in Boston this week and one panel focused on the 'safe harbor' provision of 1996 Communications Decency Act. Within that broader discussion, Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood cited the autocomplete feature in Google search as evidence the company has more control over content than it contends. 'We know they manipulate the ...
June 20, 2013 - Slashdot
- Fox to FCC: Get Out of Indecency Enforcement Biz
Fox has asked the FCC to dismiss all of its remaining indecency complaints -- several hundred...
June 20, 2013 - Broadcasting and Cable
- Keep the AGs away from Google’s autocomplete
The National Association of Attorneys General met in Boston yesterday and one panel discussion focused on the 1996 Communications Decency Act's "safe harbor" provision, which essentially enables the Internet to function as an open forum by protecting publishers and service providers from liability for third-party content.
June 19, 2013 - Network World
- President Bush in MTV.com
Al Gonzales is a man of integrity, decency and principle and I have reluctantly accepted his resignation with great appreciation for the service that he has provided for our country,Bush said from the tarmac of a Texas airfield on his way to...
- Barack Obama in Monterey County Herald
It was here, in Springfield, where North, South, East and West come together, that I was reminded of the essential decency of the American people,Obama said, referring to his time in the state legislature that now meets a few blocks away in...
- Robert Gates in Philadelphia Inquirer
These changes represent an important improvement in the way the current law is put into practice, above all by providing a greater measure of common sense and common decency,Gates said.