deathbed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the last few hours before death
- n the bed on which a person dies
- On her deathbed, she has a vision of heaven.
- The novel exists only in practice, not in theory, in the moment when the brain hits the page--the moment when a dying servant's bare heels meet beneath the sheets on his deathbed.
- On his deathbed, Litvinenko accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of his poisoning.
- Vladimir Bukovsky in International Herald Tribune
On his deathbed he asked to be buried when the war is over in Chechen soil,Bukovsky said after the service. "He was a fierce defender of Chechnya and critic of the Kremlin."
- Brock Lesnar in Bismarck Tribune
You definitely take a different approach on life,Lesnar said. "You realize there is nothing more important in life than your family, and you really find out who your friends are. I felt like I was on my deathbed."
- Steve Jobs in BBC News
Mr Jobs said his move not to present the Macworld keynote had set off a "flurry of rumours about my health, some even publishing stories of me on my deathbed".