- n a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible
- Scottish voters sent a Conservative to Parliament in a by-election last week and gave further evidence that the Labor-Tory deadlock continues with no real swing in sight.
- The week at the Kaesong conference table ended as it began, in deadlock over the problem of where to draw the ceasefire line.
- Hence the climate deadlock an appropriate word the former Prime Minister has set himself to break.
News & Articles
- GL Tech panel member seeks end to finalist deadlock
TYNGSBORO -- One Greater Lowell Technical High School Committee member wants to bring back the three finalists for superintendent-director a final time before the committee tries one more time to break the deadlock and choose a superintendent.
June 12, 2013 - Lowell Sun
- Legislative deadlock: One special session ends; new one to begin
OLYMPIA — A frustrated Gov. Jay Inslee on Tuesday called a second special session of the 63rd Legislature starting Wednesday, because lawmakers continue to be deadlocked over the state budget. In doing so, the governor had harsh words for who …
June 12, 2013 - Q13 FOX Seattle
- Soccer-Spain beat Ireland 2-0 with two late goals
(Adds quotes) NEW YORK, June 11 (Reuters) - Spain struck twice in the second half to overcome a typically spirited Ireland 2-0 in their friendly international at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday. Spain, the world's top-ranked side, spurned several first-half chances before substitute Roberto Soldado found the net and broke the deadlock after 69 minutes. Ireland went close to equalizing several times ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Madhav Kumar Nepal in The Associated Press
I had frequently urged the political parties including the Maoists to find an appropriate way out of the present deadlock and forge a consensus. But no agreement has been reached so far,Nepal said. "As it would be inappropriate to further...
- Gordon Brown in Wall Street Journal
Never again should we face the deadlock that threatened to pull down those talks,Mr. Brown said Monday. "Never again should we let a global deal to move towards a greener future be held to ransom by only a handful of countries."
- Barack Obama in USA Today
We have to summon the will to break the deadlock that has trapped generations of Israelis and Palestinians in an endless cycle of conflict and suffering,Obama said as he marked his most significant attempt at personal Middle East diplomacy...