darky : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (ethnic slur) offensive term for Black people
- To start with, says Bennett, Lincoln was a crude bigot who habitually used the N word and had an unquenchable thirst for blackface-minstrel shows and demeaning "darky" jokes.
- Joe Louis is, of course, a Negro but not a darky.
- Depressing description of the private lives of some Georgia Negroes, written in an un-nerving combination of literate English and darky dialect.
- Margaret Mitchell in Scotsman
Thus does McCaig try to rehabilitate Butler who, Mitchell told us, had been arrested for killing "this darky who had insulted a white woman". "What else could a Southern gentleman do?"