- n (ethnic slur) offensive term for Black people
- Like its predecessor, this book is a collection of Bible stories told in darkey dialect, with darkey psychology, darkey embellishments and modernizations.
- He sings "darkey songs" accompanying himself on the piano.
- There's where the old darkey's heart am long'd to go.
- Carter Glass in The Virginian-Pilot
Carter Glass, a delegate to the Virginia Constitutional Convention of 1901 and 1902, stated that the plan that included felon disenfranchisement laws "will eliminate the darkey as a political factor in this state in less than five years, so that in...