darkly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r without light
the river was sliding darkly under the mist
- r in a dark glowering menacing manner
he stared darkly at her
- So begins a darkly rollicking story of opportunity, identity and class.
- Not that one sees him pondering long over such trifles, as his company fulfills the great commercial destiny this complex and darkly driven man always dreamed for it.
- As if to keep up interest in their dreary little war, Italians talked darkly of a pitched battle to come.
News & Articles
- 'Dead Rising 3' brings mad, mad, mad undead world to Xbox One
The new generation of gaming seems to be largely composed of open-world zombie adventures, but "Dead Rising 3" — the latest installment in the weird, darkly humorous zombie-smashing hit — arrested our attention because of its eye-popping graphics and gamer pedigree.Apparently grim tone, at odds with the silliness for which the franchise is known, is just a "veneer of seriousness," say its ...
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Church Sign Welcomes Boy Scouts After Gay Ban Is Lifted
When the Boy Scouts of America made the decision to welcome gay scouts, some religious groups darkly warned of a mass exodus.
June 12, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- President Bush in Jewish World Review
President Bush, at the funeral of Ronald Reagan, recalled St. Paul's promise that "now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face."
- Garry Kasparov in Sydney Morning Herald
It was a fairly nasty incident, it was not very pleasant psychologically,Kasparov told the private NTV television. "Yesterday, I was just about able to muster up enough humour to joke darkly that, luckily in the Soviet Union, chess and not...
- Robert Gates in International Herald Tribune
As president, Ford was mocked, especially on 'Saturday Night Live,' for tripping over his own feet and getting tangled up in his own words. In contrast to the darkly complex 'Tricky Dick,' the image of Ford as a genial, trusting, slightly naive... Evan Thomas http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Thomas&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEUTgK7SgJCz5syeWyT0hM61kmQyA Yahoo! News (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061231/nysu011.html%3F.v%3D83&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH0Rh38POqmGTctctXyjjEGAEhODQ Dec 31, 2006
24922 33634 darkness Darkness had descended on this land," Gates said.