dactyl : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a metrical unit with stressed-unstressed-unstressed syllables
- n a finger or toe in human beings or corresponding body part in other vertebrates
- Thereafter comes a famous namealso double dac tylicfollowed by another double dactyl and a line of four beats.
- Sir: Do you think I have nothing better to do than play double-dactyl rhyme games March 3? I hope you know what you're doing when you put teasers like Hollander and Hecht's .
News & Articles
- Hands-On with Oculus Rift: Virtual Reality Is Almost Here, Finally
I’m old enough that I’ve had my heart broken by virtual reality before. In 1992 I waited on line for forty-five minutes for a chance to play Dactyl Nightmare. I’ll never have that time back. And the emotional scars that Nintendo’s Virtual Boy left on my heart have not healed. But they feel a lot better now that I’ve seen Oculus Rift. There’s a lot of hype about this device, but I was keeping my ...
Sept. 20, 2013 - Time Magazine