- r with cynicism; in a cynical manner
Larsen's frost-blackened lips curved cynically
- His motivation, of course, is not to replicate schools like mine but rather to placate social conservatives skeptical of the rest of his education plan, and, less cynically, to .
- That omission was greeted cynically by Western diplomats.
- Viewed more cynically, bringing Clinton into the tent could co-opt a potential adversary in 2012 and put a leash on her globetrotting husband, who has a propensity for foreign .
News & Articles
- 3 Stocks With Ever-Increasing Dividends
NEW YORK (Stockpickr) --aOver the past few years, companies have begun to pay a lot more attention to their dividends. The move to faster-rising payouts can be viewed cynically: Companies have simply run out of growth opportunities and don't have any better uses for cash these days. But the more optimistic view likely holds more merit: Companies are now so profitable that they can afford to ...
June 14, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- McLaren MP4-12C. Ousting Ferrari and Lamborghini from the garage?
In their latest instalment, the guys at XCARfilms ask an interesting question: has the McLaren MP4-12C pushed the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini off the must own list? Or for those of us with bank managers looking cynically out our monthly statements, out of the fantasy garage? You could immediately argue that no, it hasn’t. So subtle was the MP4-12C’s design when launched that compared to the ...
June 11, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Will Smith Opens Up About the Future of His Career
*Will Smith says he’s done with blockbusters, for now. Since the release of his new film, “After Earth,” which has struggled at the box office, critics have questioned (perhaps cynically) if Smith still has what it takes to put butts in the seats at theaters. But at this stage in his career, Smith says, he [...]
June 9, 2013 - EURweb
- President Bush in FOXNews
You can cynically say that it is kicking the can down the road,Bush said. "I don't appreciate that, because this is an important part of my belief that it is necessary to protect ourselves." "I knew this was of concern to him and I...
- Mark Regev in Guardian Unlimited
We had a problem not with the personalities, we had a problem with the institution,Regev said. "We saw a situation whereby the human rights mechanism of the UN was being cynically exploited to advance an anti-Israel agenda. This would do...