- n a state of being confined (usually for a short time)
he is in the custody of police
- n holding by the police
the suspect is in custody
- n (with `in') guardianship over; in divorce cases it is the right to house and care for and discipline a child
your guests are now in my custody
the mother was awarded custody of the children
- Debbie Rowe, Michael Jackson's ex-wife and mother of two of his children, at the Santa Barbara County courthouse during Jackson's child-molestation trial Averting a custody battle .
- Outraged, Cook and some friends organized the Joint Custody Association and in 1979 pushed through the California legislature the first law encouraging joint custody.
- Courts agree that in custody cases the basic issue is "the best interests of the child," but a big question remains: Who is the best judge of the child's.
News & Articles
- One in custody after 'possible security threat' aboard Denver-bound plane
One person was taken into custody at Denver International Airport after a “possible security threat” on a flight from Knoxville, Tenn. on Friday night, an airport spokeswoman said.Denver Police and the FBI responded after Frontier Airlines flight 601 landed at about 7:30 p.m. local time, airport spokeswoman Laura Coale said in a recorded message.The plane was moved to a remote location, and ...
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- 1 in Custody After Issue on Denver Flight
Airport: Person in custody after 'possible security threat' on Denver-bound flight
June 15, 2013 - ABC News
- Child Custody Strategies | “Child Custody Strategies for Women” Teaches People How to Protect Their Children – V kool
Child Custody Strategies for Women created by Barry Bricklin is a new child custody book that provides people with child custody strategies, and detailed instructions on how to protect their children. A full Child Custody Strategies for Women review on the site Vkool.com indicates if the book is worth buying. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/child ...
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Glenn Miller in The Associated Press
He's not in custody as yet. We're following some leads and we're working with the Abaco community to try and find him. Hopefully we should find him,Assistant Police Commissioner Glenn Miller said Tuesday.
- John Howard in Dispatch Online
There is a second person who is currently assisting the police with their inquiries and the identity of that second person arose from the discussions with the first person taken into custody,Howard said.
- Christie Brinkley in Independent
It's to me a very bittersweet moment because it really is the death of a marriage,Ms Brinkley, 54, said outside the court. "I'm very pleased with the results today. I was here fighting for custody."